Re: mounting Pt/Pd prints?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 11/30/01-10:23:56 PM Z

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 PMpainter@aol.com wrote:

> Dry mounting would prbably not be suggested since this method is not at all
> archival. Since pt/pd prints are highly archival it would kind of destroy the

Hi Paul....

Would you give reference, citation, whatever on the "not archival"
for dry mounting? My understanding and experience is that it's OK... not
perfect pure but with proper handling & materials not bad either. It's
also been noted that it can make a framed print MORE archival, since it's
a barrier at the back.

What did come to mind however, is that heat often changes the tone of an
iron process, so that might be what they had in mind, either or also.

Judy