Re: pigments and more

From: Richard Sullivan FRPS (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/01/01-03:54:54 PM Z

>Richard, you understand alternative!!!

The more I age the more I mellow. I don't not think anyone truly knows what
makes alt tick. I'd like to think that my nearly 25 years with Bostick &
Sullivan and dealing with a segment of the alt public gives me some
understanding of what drives people to alt, but I think in reality, any
understanding I have has come from trying to learn what my own motivations
are. Some would say it is egocentric of me to apply this to the rest of the
world, but coupled with my B+S experience, I think I am not that unique.

The fun is in the doing.

The growth is in the doing.

I thought my conjecture about gum printers running about the hills digging
their own pigments was absurd -- I know it is now!, but art is absurd -- at
least sometimes -- and I really dig it. (Pun intended.)

On to reality:

Ok, tell us more about how you heat, "burn", and process your pigments. Do
you grind and settle out the rocky stuff like in the pigment book? It does
sound interesting. How on earth (pun!) did you get started doing this
pigment thing in the first place?

(Hmmm. Find a secret cave. Make gum prints on the rocky wall. Drive
anthropologists nuts 50000 years from now!)

We are getting absurd.

--Dick