a good imagesetter is hard to find

From: sstoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 10/05/01-12:53:16 PM Z

Hi. I am looking for somebody to make some stocastic dot negatives for me on
an imagesetter, a la Dan B. But the businesses listed in the back of Dan's
book that I have called are no longer doing that, that is, the one in San
Antonio and the one in Myrtle Beach. Also, all the service bureaus I have
called in Houston make half tone negatives, not stochastic dot negatives. I
was wondering if people on this list have a favorite service bureau that they
use, that I could possibly mail a disk to and get my images set that way. Or
if you know of one in Houston, so much the better!

Or maybe I should just get a half tone negative made locally? What's your
opinion? (The idea is to enlarge my 4x5 negatives for contact printing.)

--shannon