Re: direct positive cyanotype

From: fb (archfot@mail.axelero.hu)
Date: 10/12/01-03:14:15 AM Z

Date sent: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:41:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>

> It's called the Pellet process.
>
> It's probably in Photographic Facts & Formulas, but *IF* it works, which
> it rarely does, it takes HUMONGOUS amounts of chemical. That "50%" K fe,
> for instance, is in the ballpark.
>
> J.

Judy,

as I corrected yesterday in an another message the 50% is only 20% but
I mistiped.

I don't know: this version working or not because I never tried it but the
Pellet process was probably the favourite copy method of the
architectural drawing from the 1870-s. Probably the origin of the
"blueprint" word.

About the contemporary conservation literature there are a lot of Pellet
prints in several collections/akf-s.

About the description (of the Schmidt-s book) the sensitiser has a butter
like consistency when ready to use so it can be a rather dope brew.

I hope my correction message was visible on the list because the full
system was stupid yesterday I got back a bunch of pieces from my
message and an another message about an another question from 9 Oct.
:---(

Balint Flesch