cyanotype, the missing formula

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 10/15/01-04:36:06 AM Z

After a search on the net, I have found 31 different suggested formulas for making a cyanotype. The ratio (iron citrate)/(pot. ferricyanide) ranges from 0.7 up to 8.25, while the concentration of iron citr. ranges from 14 to 54%. One formula gives a 3:1 mix of saturated solutions, and another one a 1:1 mix of saturated *brown* iron citrate and 50% pot. *ferrocyanide* (yes, k4Fe(CN)6).
The so-called "classical" formula calls for 20% iron, 8% ferric. (2,5 ratio).
At this point I myself could give my 32th formula...

Are there experiences on the effects of varying the strength of the solution and the ratio of citrate to ferricyanide (at constant paper brand...)?
Please, don't tell me to look at the archives!

Alberto