Re: graduate schools in photography; artists in academia

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 10/19/01-05:54:35 AM Z

Hi Sam,

Glad to know this. It was my experience in grad school to take
printmaking as a minor. It was a great mix of experiences. As more of my
students inquire about grad school, I need to know more about different
programs around the country.

--
Darryl Baird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sam Wang wrote: > > Darryl, > > We at Clemson encourage our grad students to branch out into at least > one area outside of one's concentration. Our MFA, and BFA, are given > in visual arts, not in photography or any other specific studio > areas. We also team teach our MFA program, so that the photography > student interacts with and get crits from sculptors, potters, > painters, etc. > > Sam