Re: dogma in academia; long critiques

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 10/19/01-06:12:35 AM Z

Re: Art and Fear. I have seen this book and looked at it a bit,
glad to know it's worth buying and reading. Another one that has been
helpful to me is Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way. She talks about
the problems young artists sometimes have in academia, with teachers
whose critiques are destructive rather than constructive.

We had another long day of midterm critiques yesterday which started
out good for the first three hours, but by afternoon it had
degenerated again. I think people just get tired. Maybe critiques
longer than three hours just aren't a good idea.

--shannon