RE: dogs getting run over in texas

From: Baird, Darryl (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 10/19/01-09:25:03 PM Z

Shannon,

You need to get out of the University and into your town.

Houston has a LOT to offer in photography. Beyond Uof H there is Rice
(ok, another University but with perhaps a different mind set), The
Museum of Art with Anne Tucker (one of the premier American critics,
curators, mover&shakers), the Contemporary Museum and their school,
Jean Caslin at Houston Center for Photography, Diane Barber at Diverse
Works Art Space, and (of course) FotoFest coming in March. Whew!, get
out of the darkroom and get involved. There is a lot of "art"
happening within a few miles of your fixer bath. Also, Ann Stautberg
teaches at UofH in Clearwater...she and her artist husband, Francis X.
Tolbert are definitely NOT academic types. Just curious, in your
review of the faculty, are you including S. Bloom?

FWIW, I'll be in Houston for FotoFest, I'd be glad to hook up with you
for a chat. I love to meet folks on the list.

-Darryl