liquid emulsion

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 10/21/01-09:23:59 AM Z

Thought I'd share my testing of liquid emulsion on mylar: Photographer's
Formulary liquid emulsion (is it called Formulite or something? Don't know;
my bottle label is all grungy). I tested non hardened, hardened with their
hardener (10 drops to 1 oz. of emulsion) and sanded and non sanded mylar, on
the frosty side. The hardened, sanded (with really fine grit sandpaper--I
think it was like a 600 grit, the dark grey stuff, akin to Crocus cloth)
mylar stayed put. The unsanded mylar frilled off 3 out of 4 tries. But it
worked, and has real possiblities. Expose a bit darker than normal, tho, so
you get enough detail in your highlights on the stuff.
Chris