more mordancage

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 10/21/01-09:31:34 AM Z

Well, for the life of me, I cannot get copper sulfate to work. Did the
formula that included potassium bromide
 ( "Example #1"
 copper sulfate 33 grams
potassiium bromide 10 grams
acetic acid (28% solution) 13 cc
Hyprogen peroxide 25% solution 105 cc
water to 1 litre)

and it worked to bleach the print but no etching, no damaging the emulsion,
it just looked like a normal print. No veiling. I will try again with the
solution to see if maybe it didn't age enough or who knows what, but with
the copper chloride there is an almost immediate disintegration of the
emulsion.
     Back to the drawing board. Will continue to try and find what I am
doing wrong.
     Fiber paper, btw; Ilford MGIV glossy. Old print.
Chris