Recreating Traditional Photo Printing Techniques Digitally

From: Philip Trauring (philip@trauring.com)
Date: 10/30/01-12:06:27 AM Z

Hello,

This is an invitation to join a new mailing list on Yahoo dedicated
to recreating traditional photo printing techniques using digital
means.

I would be interested to see if anyone is working on (or would like
to work together) in reproducing the following processes:

Polaroid Transfers
Cyanotypes
Kallitypes
Gum Bichromate
Bromoil
Salt Prints

as well as any other process that people find interesting.

We can use the web space on Yahoo to post settings files (like
Photoshop .ahu hue/saturation settings) that correspond to different
techniques. I personally have been trying to produce the equivalent
of Polaroid Transfers, Gum Bichromate prints and Cyanotypes, all of
which I have done in their traditional forms, but have found to be
time-consuming, messy and expensive (in my opinion).

In addition to discussing and sharing techniques for digitally
reproducing these techniques, it would be helpful to discuss the
success in reproducing these techniques with different ink/paper
combinations.

I invite everyone who is interested in the discussion of recreating
traditional photo techniques to join the mailing-list at: