Re: UV light sources

From: Alan Mynett (a.mynett@ntlworld.com)
Date: 10/31/01-01:40:36 PM Z

Hello Michael,

On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, 6:44:58 PM, you wrote:

> I live in the UK and was also
> wondering if there is anyone else from here on the list who could sugest any
> suppliers in the UK.

As a "quick fix" (or possibly a longer term solution) try using the
Phillips 'Facial Sauna' (I kid you not :-) ), available from Argos at
around £50. It's limited in size - I only have an old half-plate
printing frame at the moment for which it's ideal. At a distance of
about 10 cm my exposure times for gum, cyanotype and brownprints are
in the region of 5 - 10 minutes, though some gums have been longer
depending on the negative. The timer is crude but serviceable, and for safety you
might want to build it into a box. But it is readily available in the
UK.

--
Best wishes
 Alan Mynett