Re: step wedges; POP and gold toner

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 10/31/01-09:36:40 PM Z

Sandy:

I decided to try your pyrocat HD developer for a batch of negatives that I
will use for platinum printing. I normally use D-76 and a densitometer to
figure shadow density versus highlight density and then plan the contrast
mixture accordingly. Is there any rule of thumb for converting transmission
density of the stained negatives to an equivalent for unstained negatives?
Is the actinic filter effect less than that of a yellow-green rollo-pyro
stained negative? I hope it is, because my only beef with pyro has been the
incredibly long printing times. BTW, I can already tell that the pyrocat
handles highlights as well as pyro. One of the images has a lit lamp, and
there is NO halation, while the D-76 negatives have a great deal when
imaging a similar subject.

Thanks,

Clay Harmon