step wedges; POP and gold toner

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 10/31/01-12:28:36 PM Z

  A few days ago, I think I read on this list that two steps on the
step wedge equals one stop. Is that correct? I am trying to figure
out how to change my EI, because the shadows in my negatives shot at
320 are about two steps too dense. Does that mean I'm over exposing
one stop, approximately?

Also: I am printing on Centennial POP. The brochure that came with
it says to replenish the gold chloride toner after one 8x10 print. I
cut my 8x10 sheets into four rectangles, so I thought that I could
tone and fix four of these small prints, one after the other, before
I had to replenish. But, that doesn't seem to be the case. After two
prints, the toner is exhausted and doesn't replenish easily by adding
6mls of solution A and B, as advertised. I am wondering if I should
hold all four prints in water and then tone them all at once in the
gold toner? CAn you do that?

--shannon