Re: POP choices

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/01/01-06:39:00 AM Z

>From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: POP choices
>Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2001, 6:15 PM
>

> Just as a curiosity, have you gotten enough contrast for POP with BPF
> and developers other than Pyro? My own experience with BPF is that it
> does not respond positively beyond a certain CI to increasing
> development times, period, irrespective of developer. There is
> something about this film that causes it to shut down when it reaches
> a certain CI, and prolonged development beyond this point does
> nothing but increase b+f.
>
> Sandy King

Sandy,

I don't know what contrast level you were trying to get, but I've found BPF
responded well to D-76 rotary development with plenty of contrast for
platinum printing. Base fog was quite good--less than HP5 but not as thin as
TXT or FP4. But this does not give the crossover negative Manuel is looking
for.

Once again I'll mention that I'm getting excellent results from the 'mystery
film' sold by PhotoWarehouse. It quacks like FP4 and develops beautifully in
PMK. I don't know if they ship overseas.---Carl