ground zero.

From: shaun bear (shaun_bear@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/17/01-12:04:14 PM Z

Judy,

I thought I would write to you personally. I am very pleased to hear that
you are ok. I was living in NYC for 4 years up until last oct. working for a
company based at the WTC. I am on the alt processes list. It seems that
only long time members such as your self are allowed to make bigotted,
antagonistic ot remarks on this list. It seems such as shame as I have
enjoyed and found most informative your posts in the past. As I originally
stated in my email I don't wish to debate this issue in such a forum. The
over sexed over here was more begrudging respect for the GIs and most GI's I
have talked to seemed to have been treated warmly by the British people.
Also every british person i have talked to from that era describe the
immense relief and gratitude felt when the US finally jumped in. Your
generalizations about middle america etc seem inappropriate at a time like
this, not that you don't make many valid points regarding US foreign policy.
To attack the police at this time when so many died trying to help people
shows a disrespect for there humanity and belies your own bitterness. I feel
sorry for you. I don't mean this to be a personal attack. I just felt I had
to respond. I hope life returns to some sort of normalicy for you soon.