Right thinking

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@home.com)
Date: 09/17/01-12:50:38 PM Z

To all my alt-photo-process friends I send you a quote from the
American/English author, Henry James. I don't wish to imply any aspect of
what has been going, discussed on our list etc. more than it seems to be an
appropriate voice of understanding in this period of anger and chaos
Jack Fulton

THE BATTLE

Life is, in fact, a battle. Evil is insolent and strong;
beauty enchanting, but rare; goodness very apt to be weak;
folly very apt to be defiant; wickedness to carry the day;
imbeciles to be in great places, people of sense in small,
and mankind generally unhappy.
But the world as it stands is not illusion, no phantasm,
no evil dream of a night; we wake to it again for ever and ever;
we can neither forget it nor deny it nor dispense with it.

        Henry James