Stop off-topic messages, please.

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 09/17/01-07:34:38 PM Z

As one of the list-minders of the alt-photo-process list I feel
compelled to remind you that this list was created and exists for the
exchange of information relating to alternative printing processes. I
remind you of the basic rules of the list, as published frequently by
the list-owner

"There are four basic rules for using this list. Treat everyone with
respect. Don't send unsubscribe requests to the list, don't send
messages with attachments, and don't send viruses through the list."

Give the catastrophe of last Tuesday and the subsequent expressions
of emotions it is understandable that persons would want to share
their opinions and thoughts about these matters with others, and
inevitable that in the expression of such thoughts and opinions
profound differences of opinion would emerge. That has certainly
taken place on this list. With that in mind please permit me two
observations.

1. It is one thing to express one's solidarity with Americans and
support for the country, as it is to voice opinions and concerns
about American presence in the world, for the past behavior of the
CIA, police, etc. No one should expect that we all agree. We should
not, however, engage in personal attacks on others (by name calling,
political categorizations, etc.) for the expression of such ideas.
The first rule of the list is "treat everyone with respect" and that
goes regardless of whether you agree or not with their opinions

2. The alt-photo-process list is moderated by the list-minders and
the list-owner for the benefit of the membership for one purpose
only, the exchange of information about alternative photography.
Membership on this list is a privilege which carries with it the
responsibility of adhering to its rules.

There are other forums for the expression of political ideas. Let's
keep our sanity by reserving this one for alternative photography.

Sandy King