Re: Unsharp masking with litho film?

From: Dave Rose (photo@wir.net)
Date: 09/21/01-10:46:32 PM Z

Yes, I have done it. I used to make a lot of highlight and contrast masks
for my 4x5 original transparencies, back when I was printing them onto
Cibachrome. I used lith film for the highlight masks and Kodak Pan Masking
film for contrast masks.

You'll have to experiment with adding various layers of diffusion material
between the original film and the litho film to achieve a soft effect. Weak
exposures and dilute developer will give you the results you need. Again,
you'll need to run tests and experiment.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming

Snip: