Unsharp masking with litho film?

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 09/21/01-09:29:19 PM Z

It is a well-known fact that virtually everyone on this list masks
perfect negatives that print, regardless of process, with no need for
print controls such as dodging and burning. I wonder, however, if
anyone on the list has any experience in using litho film for making
unsharp masks for contact printing. I was thinking that perhaps Dave
Soemark's LC-1 and LC-1B low contrast developers could be used with
APH film for this purpose. If anyone has any actual experience with
this kind of work or would like to offer theoretical advice I would
be most interested in hearing from you.

Purely theoretical question of course, since I of course always make
perfect negatives!!

Sandy King