Re: UV Transparent Glass / $0.02 worth

From: Breukel, C (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 09/25/01-01:59:02 AM Z

Richard,

I have made 2 small (4*5) contact frames, fitted with quartz glass (..if
you have to know..;-).. I obtained them from a automatic DNA sequencer,
without going into detail, but this maschine uses a sensor to measure
fluoresence, emitted by labeled DNA after it is hit by a laser beam. The
DNA is "moved" by electrophoreses between 2 thin plates of quartz glass,
filed with a matrix)..Anyway I got a few of these broken plates, hence
the smallish contact frame size

To cut a long story short: in my inexact testings there was no apperant
speed gain between regulair glass and quartz glass for Cyanotype and Zia
type..

Best,

Cor