RE: chemical questions

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 09/26/01-07:21:27 AM Z

Christina-

You have already had two useful responses - both of which I appreciate and
have archived, not being to up on my chemistry....

However, I'd simply like to say that regarding the following:

> potassium thiocyanate: $89.95
> sodium thiocyanate: $49.95.

As far as their use goes in toning - specifically gold-based split-toning -
there is certainly a difference in the effects you will receive.

I use the sod.thio. in my GP-1 split-process. If you use the pot.thio.
instead - referred to as gold-231 in the Formulary catalogue - I believe you
will find the results similar to sod.thio., but unique.

I would also suggest you check out Tri-Ess in Burbank, as the Sod. Thio.
there is only about $20/lb....

Hope this helps-

Jon