Re: UV Transparent Glass / $0.02 worth

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 09/28/01-11:36:46 PM Z

I have posted this several times over the last few years, and perhaps it is
time to post it again. The starphire glass by PP&G will allow a substantial
amount of UV light in the 300 to 360 range pass through compared to the
standard green glass. It has been noted however that this might only be
of interest to those with light sources that put out a significant amount of
light within that range.

As for speed of light sources.... While some light sources may produce more
light and are of higher actinic output, can you keep up with the print
process speed??? with the wet time, set up time for each negative does it
really matter?? I suppose if the print quality is increased by using the
higher output lamps, than at least some justification can be made on those
grounds. I much prefer to work with relative quite surrounding me and in a
air temp of comfort. Too much juice running around for me. Ah the hum of a
little coaxial fan and the soft sounds of the music........

EJ Neilsen