RE: UV light and Contact Frame

From: Keith Gerling (kgerling@ameritech.net)
Date: 09/29/01-07:26:13 AM Z

Not at all. At least none that I can perceive. I'm using a fluorescent
tube bank, four inches from the glass, so light is flooding into the glass
from all directions. Any minute distortions would be averaged out, I would
think.

A while back, when I was having problems with the lights "coming on",
someone suggested aluminum foil be placed under the light fixtures, to which
someone else warned about the problem of errant reflections and hot spots.
As a crude test, I developed a sheet of paper that I had evenly coated with
kallitype sensitizer, and used the heavy glass. Exposed for a middle gray,
I saw no problems with evenness of lighting. I did catch some problems in
my coating procedure, though...