Question about curve

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 04/05/02-07:15:55 PM Z

I understand traditional curves fairly well but am confused about the
way digital curves work. For example. assume that I apply the
platinum curve from Dan Burkholder's book for the Epson 2000P, make
an original negative, and then make further changes to the curve. If
I save this curve as now altered will it them incorporate the
original curve as well as the set of changes that I made so that for
that future negatives I can begin with this curve as opposed to the
original one from Dan's book?

Please forgive me if this is a real dumb question but I am digitally
impaired!!!

Sandy King