Re: DeCosse prints

From: Witho Worms en Jorien van Santen (verzet13@xs4all.nl)
Date: 04/07/02-09:54:01 AM Z

Hello Alejandro,

What I did is :

Mix an equal amount of Ammonium Ferric Oxalate (in my case 35%) with an
equal amount of Potassium Chloroplatinite (in my case a 33,9%). Equal means
according to the amounts involved in the reaction.
I coat on Arches platine and let it dry for 90-120 seconds. After that I
make a quick blow with a fan (no heat) for 20-30 seconds (for a 11x14 inch
print).
Than I print, pre-wash for two minutes and clear in EDTA.
I mix al my chemicals myself and I buy powdered metals (salts) at Bostick's.
I use strong concentrations, as said, based on Jeffrey's research. You can
try a double coat. I coat Arches just below a 'bleeding' point. Lately I
have been experimenting with a double coat on Arches based on a 20% Afo.
This allows me to use a platinum mixture that stays in solution at room
temperature and gives me a high D max.
Let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers,

Witho