Alt photo forums and listserve -- yech!

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/07/02-02:14:15 PM Z

Listserves hang on by habit. There are much better and more modern ways of
doing this. Webboards are cropping up all over the place.

I run a small Webboard for alt photography at:

http://sirius.secureforum.com:8080/~bostick/login
A quick name and password gets you in.

Go to "more" and mailing lists and select the ones you want.

Go to "more" and "edit profile" and select the form you want for the mail
sent to you.

No spam or advertising and no banner ads, never has been and never will be.
Only a notice about APIS.

First off with Webboard you can have conferences or forums for various
topics and subscribe on site for the forums and you can have email just
like Listserve and you can have it in digest, single or zipped format. We
also have a Coffeehouse forum for off topic discussions and squabbles.

You can, if you like, have web access to all the forums and messages which
is nice for those with a fast connection.

You can post images!

You can have moderated forums.

You can have chat for each forum.

You can set up a Usenet for the forum.

You can have private forums.

You can edit your message if you goof. (Once mailed though you're dead!)

You can set it up so messages have to be verified by a moderator or moderators.

You can have file attachments.

Peter Fredrick is setting up to teach classes in TemperaPrint on-line for
free. Stephen Livic taught gum classes a year ago. The ability to put up
images and do chat makes for a distant learning experience. I invite you to
come over and take a look at his and his student's images. We played with
the chat feature yesterday AM.

I have several other forums and classes in the works. I will be hosting a
carbon forum once the B+S tissue is on the market.

--Dick Sullivan