Re: killer trees

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/15/02-11:58:46 PM Z

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Halvor wrote:

> on 15.04.02 21:49, shannon stoney at sstoney@pdq.net wrote:
>
> >> but.... could we please not sentimentalize trees?
> >

> > As Ronald Reagan said, "You've seen one redwood, you've seen them all."
> >
> > --shannon

Actually I don't recall him saying that... if so, he got it from me. But
that's not the reason for protecting redwoods (what they look like,
because even their own mother couldn't tell them apart), it's their age --
like we protect senior citizens. Either way, I would not want one in my
tiny city yard.

Judy