Re: Where to find silver plated copper plates for Daguerreotypes.

From: Gregory W. Blank (gblank@bellatlantic.net)
Date: 04/17/02-11:35:44 AM Z

Can you forward me the contact information for Theiss Plating
Corp.....Thanks

on 4/17/02 11:48 AM, Christopher Lovenguth at chrisml@pacbell.net wrote:

Thanks Bob for the information. I am actually going to learn the process so
these will be my first. I will be using the Becquerel method since I really
do not want to mess with mercury. I have been studying many resources and I
think I have the basic idea of the process down. I just need a bit more
information before I go ahead. First Iım trying to find an example or plans
of a fuming box. I would like to make my own and not buy one. That is about
the last piece of the puzzle before I start experimenting. If you have any
contacts for chemicals as well Iıll take them. www.newdags.com
<http://www.newdags.com/> is a very good resource for the process.

Also, if you have any words of wisdom you would like to pass along, Iıll
take them. -Chris