Re: INKJET PRINTERS AND SCANNERS ADVICE PLEASE

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/17/02-12:05:35 PM Z

> Practically speaking is there a requirement for a 2400 Dpi scan.

This really depends on the size of your original the size/resolution you
are going to output to. If you're interested in scanning 35mm, that's
probably pushing the limits of this scanner. I think one would be better
off with a dedicated 35mm film scanner.

> I can understand the reasoning behind higher bit depth 36 verses 48, whats
> more, if I upgrade my photo elements to Photoshop 6 will photoshop 6 support
> 48 bit scanning?

Yes, Photoshop 6.0 does support 48 bit scans.

> What kind of BW negatives (all kinds?) or Pyro ones?

Two kinds: PMK Pyro and ABC+ (rollo) Pyro. Those are the only developers
I use, although I'm soon going to give Sandy's Pyrocat HD a try.

Kerik