Masterclass TemperaPrint

From: pete (temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 04/19/02-04:07:15 AM Z

I am preparing to visit my summer palace. An International artist colony at
Can Serrat in Catalonia, I will be Staying for twelve weeks and finishing a
personal project entitled Aspects of Montserrat which I started last year.
This mountain is surrounded in mystery, the local monastery is a place of
pilgrimage, thousands come to visit the Black Madonna who is blessed it is
claimed with healing poweršs. They even have sittings of UFOšs. I am also
continuing a study of the mad Catalan fire festivals that I have entitled
Up/ Hely/ Ar/ Amigo !
During this time I intend to conduct occasional three day Master Classes in
TemperaPrint for anybody who may be interested.
The class size will be controlled to a maximum of three students.
If any member of our group who is passing through Barcelona and may wish to
visit you would be most welcome and we could have a chat about this and that
>grin<

Please if interested contact me off list I leave for Spain
On the 27th of May and return on the 27th of August

Pete

PS -- Masia Can Serrat Contact Sylvia
08294 El Bruc
Barcelona

Tel 00 34 93 771 0037
Fax 00 34 93 771 0417
temperaprint@hotmail.com

CAN SERRAT is a large rustic 18th Century farmhouse full of charm and
atmosphere That has been converted into a multi-arts facility including a
Photographic darkroom.
It is situated close to the base of a beautiful mountain called Mont Serrat
tucked away in a small valley.
The accommodation is simple( ie. No en-suite bathrooms) but the communal
facilities are more than adequate, rather like a student hostel.
Meals are included with the accommodation Guests prepare there own
breakfasts and lunches, but a professional cook provides an evening meal
that is always substantial
There are no servants to maintain the house, so guests are expected to
participate in some of the household chores. These duties are far from
onerous and help to create a warm communal atmosphere.

If however this arrangement is not suitable other commercial accommodation
is available nearby which is very well appointed, but of course at increased
cost.
In the nearby village EL BRUC there are various grocery stores, a
Pharmacist, bars, restaurants, and a swimming pool also a convenient bank
cash point.
Busses run frequently to and from Barcelona. The centre has a self-service
bar with cola, beer, wine, spirits, cigarettes etc.

For further information please contact off list.

Peter Fredrick FRPS
34 Trinity Road
Southend on Sea
Essex SS2 4HJ