Re: Books

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/19/02-04:55:40 PM Z

<snip>
> For a "survey" of the contemporary alt-process photography scene with
> insight and criticism - Lyle Rexer's "Photography's Avant Garde: The New
> Rise in Old Processes" (Abram's) will be available next month.
<snip> said Jonathan Bailey
Locate the above book here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0810904020/qid%3D1019255833/ref%3Dsr%
5F11%5F0%5F1/103-6275816-3851855
     This book is actually available now, as it just was shipped to me via
amazon.com today. Can't wait to see it. (I have a book fetish--really--and
no chance of stopping anytime soon. I think I own everyone on this list's
books...)
     I've been published--non-photography, tho--*Tutti Nudi, Reflections on
the Nude from the Greeks to the 21st century*, available also thru Amazon.
I am also just finishing my Experimental Photography Workbook that I am
going to have available to sell shortly (newly revised; it's been out for a
year). It is not alt process as in non silver, but alt process as in all
that other weird stuff.
     Then there is Martin Reed and Randall Webb's Alternative Photographic
Processes, too. There are now, actually, getting to be a good amount of
nonsilver type books on the market, unlike a number of years back. On the
pure silver list there lurks Tim Rudman of Lith Printing fame, Ed Krebs of
Photo Tinting (excellent hand coloring book and very cheap),on the infrared
list is Joe Paduano of Infrared Photography fame...and I think Reed, above,
is republishing his Silver Gelatin book on liquid emulsion use--the bible on
that topic.
chris