RE: Books

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 04/19/02-06:24:14 AM Z

Welcome to the list Thom!

> Being fairly new to alt process and this list. I am curious to know all of
> the books published by this group.

Well, I believe the list is fairly extensive.... In the "how-to" category,
Christopher James' recent "Book of Alternate Photographic Processes" would
have to figure at the head of the list - not least for its user-friendliness
and infectious enthusiasm. And John Barnier has also penned a very good
book on the subject(s).

For a "survey" of the contemporary alt-process photography scene with
insight and criticism - Lyle Rexer's "Photography's Avant Garde: The New
Rise in Old Processes" (Abram's) will be available next month. Having seen
the final galleys (sp?) in November - I can only say that it's a
*remarkable* piece of work, which, I think, has the potential of
significantly affecting the dialogue surrounding this aspect of the
contemporary photo/art scene.

These are just the books that come immediately to mind while I sip my
coffee.... I assume you know about Judy's "World Journal..." publication??

What books are on your shelf Thom??

Best - Jon