Re: Reduced Platinum Print Sharpness

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/20/02-11:42:51 AM Z

stephen wasilewski wrote:
> I would like your thoughts on causes for reduced print
> sharpness from different printing conditions.
>
> I first printed a negative using a printer's plate
> burner and was very please with sharpness.
>
> Subsequent prinings using a flourescent bank gave very
> reduced sharpness with some detail disappearing.

This is not unusual.

Before you scurry to get another printing frame, try printing in direct
sunlight. Direct sunlight on a clear day will give the sharpest print
of any light source. If you still get softness, then suspect the
printing frame or contact of film and coating.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/