Re: Reduced Platinum Print Sharpness

From: stephen wasilewski (steve_wasilewski@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/20/02-07:13:03 PM Z

Sandy,

The negative was oriented correctly. I also expect
similar sharpness and have a hard time acceptoing that
the light source made that much difference. I print
with masked edges and have noticed a faint shadow
printing through the masking. If this effect were to
be inside the margins of the print, that might reduce
sharpness. I don't know if the long print times
combined with a low to moderate density range is
affecting sharpness and creating the shadow.

The NuArc is an FT26V with integrator and vacuum
system. I don't know the age, but I could get it near
the top of the price range you mention.

Thanks

Thansk for your ideas. If i continue having problems I
willtake my box to the printer and try making
sequential prints under the same conditions.