Re: (fwd) Re: American Experience: Ansel Adams

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@unblinkingeye.com)
Date: 04/22/02-07:07:12 PM Z

Having educated myself about photography by reading Ansel Adams' books, and
having read his autobiography and Alinder's biography as well, I thought it
was a decent piece for public consumption. It didn't cover up his
shortcomings as a husband or father, and I believe Ansel would have approved
of the Sierra Club's participation. He was a gung-ho Sierran. He was also
very proud to have been chosen to make the presidential portrait for Jimmy
Carter, as well as to receive the Medal of Freedom. It seemed entirely
appropriate for the documentary to picture him as quintessentially American
since that is how I perceive him. Maybe I'm getting sentimental in my old
age.
Ed Buffaloe http://unblinkingeye.com