RE: Digital Negs for contact printing - Epson 2450

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 04/24/02-11:23:09 AM Z

Sandy,

I've been considering the purchase of an Epson 2450. I must say that I have
been confused over the issue of the set focus (no doubt I've been reading
the same reports as you). In one forum
http://www.silverfast.com/forum/viewforum.php?forum=18&129 mention is made
of the scanner having "depth of focus", enabling oil-mounting (a practice
which I consider to be essential for my work). If this report is true, than
it would seem that the 2450 is ideal for me (while not being ideal for using
a transparency adapter). BUT, does omitting the adapter reduce the options
as far as scanning color negatives or color transparencies? Nobody seems to
have this information. I would really appreciate your sharing your findings
as you gain experience.

Thanks,

Keith