Re: black walnuts

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/29/02-08:27:29 PM Z

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
> .... It must be that the
> sun tans the tea further, and not that this is totally scientific by any
> means, but it does make me less cautious about the lack of archivalness of
> tea toning as far as UV fading is concerned. So, I guess if you want to
> hasten the aging look of a print by staining highlights and shadows, tea
> wouldn't be a bad choice--unless you have walnuts in your back yard.

Chris, I wouldn't assume that the darker tone is permanent without putting
it in the dark for a while. A friend of mine left a cyanotype in bright
sunlight -- the paper went almost blank, then came back most of the way
when stored in the dark.

Tea could be the same, different, or something else.

Judy