bye folks:)

From: stephen (birdee@cobweb.net.au)
Date: 04/30/02-12:12:38 AM Z

 Dear everyone,

This will be my last posting. I have had virtually zero response to any of my postings for 12 months or so. This is not any criticism, just an observation. I know my comments tend to be on a different wavelength to other folk. That's just the nature of my brain. i will follow the discussion on the live mirror. I may well rejoin in future if I feel more able to contribute.

If anyone interested in the more impractical esoteric aspects of photography/photoplay (phototherapy?) such as that recently discussed under the heading of environmental questions, as well as in camera photography using print out processes, you are very, very welcome to talk to me at birdee@cobweb.net.au. Using conventional photo papers as p.o.p. is also of particular interest. I have some degree of emotional and social difficulty, so if you are rude and confrontational, or can not cope with somewhat idiosyncratic thinking and expression, please do not respond. I hope to set up (or contribute to) some sort of esoteric photography website in the not so near future. I enjoy process as much as end results, and am still in the learning/research phase rather than the productive end of things.

Here are some last questions, if anyone can help. What is a chiatype? Is there any website that shows images produced with coffee developer, or using grass, as recently discussed? Is there a website out there discussing home made medium/large format cameras made with "bad" lenses (magnifying glasses or slide projector lenses) ? Also, is there a recognised term for esoteric printing methods. I am talking about the sort of processes that one tends to dabble with for more personal or obscure reasons than simply finding the most effective efficient way of producing a high quality image? If there was a term that was nonpretentious and coherant that would be great. For me it has a lot to do with how any word (photgraphy for instance) comes loaded with a collection of assumptions that only tell part of the complete story. I also find it somewhat magical to produce an image primitively, even if the results are not technically brilliant. Sorry if thats a lot to ask at once. Thank you in advance for any reply to this posting.

If anyone on the list who has ever answered one of my questions felt my response was negative, I am sorry, it wasnt intended. BTW i used to use my mums adress leading some people to think I was Jean Burdett.

All the best to everyone Stephen Burdett a.k.a. Birdee. Love and Peace