Re: Sicko humor as art?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/13/02-04:18:09 AM Z

Leslie,

As already pointed out, the picture in the linked page is from another
website. To say that a minor link clearly intended as a joke "sums up
the intent of the artist" strikes me as willful distortion, whatever one
thinks of the joke.

I don't know the origin of that link, but the "device" appeared to be a
visual construct that never existed outside the computer, and the cat
was in no more danger of harm than real road runners ever were from Wile
E. Coyote. Or didn't the coyote usually end up getting wacked by the
road runner? Either way, if an artist put up a link to old Warner Bros.
cartoons online would you consider that the summation of her intent,
instead of her actual work?

---Carl

--
Web Site with picture galleries and workshop information
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/index.html