Re: Sicko humor as art?

From: Cactus Cowboy (cactus@tritel.net)
Date: 08/13/02-08:50:01 AM Z

After I was done laughing at the homepage, I explored the Deadcat website.
The author explains the website name and the origin of the dead cat
photograph:

"DeadCat Press, established formally in 1998, is named in honor of a cat
mummy which has been the inspiration for artworks since its discovery in an
abandoned farm house in Alberta in 1984. Dubbed Fluffy by ironic University
of Calgary art students, this dried out cat mummy has been with me longer
than any of my live cats. Today it (she?) has a good home, a clean storage
box protected from all forms of vermin, and a new life as a model, icon,
muse and all-around beautiful artifact. This particular B&W silver gelatine
print was originally made in 1984."

Your suggestion that "torture" is being performed or promoted as a form of
"sicko humor" is ridiculous. The above quote reveals the author to be a cat
owner, and presumably, a cat lover. The website author includes a link to
PETA - hardly to be expected from a brutal fiend. I found the "Cat Carrier"
and "Bonsai Kitten" pages hilarious... note the author's warning: "Not for
the gullible."

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/
http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/deadcatpress//catprod.html
http://www.peta.com/

Gotta go.... lunch awaits at the Roadkill Cafe!

Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming