Re: Sicko humor as art?

From: Christopher Lovenguth (zantzant@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/13/02-10:56:41 AM Z

What is at issue here exactly? If this is all about the spoof links
including bonsai kitty? This is such old news on the internet! It's all fake
to excite the gullible. Bonsai kitty created such a stir that even the FBI
looked in to it. Boy did they feel stupid when they found out that it was
all a hoax and that this person just took pictures of his cats playing in
things. When put in to context with some images of him about to put a cat in
to a jar, it takes on a completely different perception. This in itself is a
wonderful example of photography, perception and the power of Photoshop.
-Chris

P.S All the taxadermy images are old "been there done that" sort of stuff
too. Using this logic Edward Weston torchured and kill the birds on the
beach that he took pictures of.

.....One more thing: pedophilia, abuse even violence is statistically going
down in this nation (well maybe not this year but the trend over the last
ten years has been down…hmm republicans in office = violence increase? But
that’s a whole different debate). When all one gets on TV or in the
newspaper night after night is stories about this, they start to believe
that this is running rampant in society. If you believe this then you are
falling right in to the trap that the media and this government wants. Just
like the bi-weekly “duck and cover” scares the government puts out just to
remind everyone how painful and scared we all felt last September. It’s
easier to get things done they want to do and it keeps us in our place.