RE: [OT] RE: Sicko humor as art?

From: Kris Erickson (kerickso@ryerson.ca)
Date: 08/13/02-05:36:36 PM Z

Of course you're right. I was being a little cheeky, and in my cheekiness I
ran out of steam.
Being unclear is something we can ALL be accused of, Mr. Morish is no
exception.
For clarity's sake we could, theoretically, publish all kinds of information
about all kinds of aspects of our lives on our respective websites.
However, we are photographers, not web publishers---I would be sad to give
up the art I love to clarify the same in HTML and JPEG images.
Maybe what I'm getting at is that, being as difficult as it is to
communicate with anyone in any situation (via any medium), perhaps we should
all be a little more mindful of this and a little more accommodating of
others' faults (which, of course, are often our own).

Not sure that people trying to link your interests with your art would be
'barking up the wrong tree'... scratching up the wrong post perhaps... ;-)
But even then, only half-scratching. While I would strongly doubt that any
specific interest could tie directly and summarily to a single image, I
think one would be hard-pressed to argue that that specific interest could
not, in some way, be related to the impulse and drive that created that
image in the first place; among a tangle of other interests, often more
relevant of course, but AMONG that tangle nonetheless.

btw, I appreciate your comments too! :-)
and going with what you said, in the original spirit of the web, it's this
other kind of networking (listserv) that allows our thoughts to intermingle
and play off and grow from each other's--in the hopes that, ultimately, we
may be moved slightly from where we were before to here, where we are now.

cheers,