Re: a good lens dealer?

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/16/02-08:32:40 AM Z

Steve wrote:

> Before you send the lens and shutter back, consider the quality of the lens
> and what you paid for it. If it can be replaced, or is it a 'vintage lens'
> now out of production?

It is a Rodenstock lens, and it says Sironar-N on it. I paid $689 for it.
This was one of the less expensive 240mm lenses I could find. Do you think
it's worth keeping and fixing rather than returning it? I like the
negatives I've made, in terms of sharpness, contrast, etc.

> It's not the shutter that captures the light, Ms Stoney, but the lens. So,
> before you turn in your appratus, consider the glass.

I have a lot of old cameras that shoot TriX at anywhere from 400 to 1600, so
I'm sort of used to slow shutters, but since I just bought this lens and it
was sorta expensive, I thought it should be accurate! My lens for my 4x5
camera is perfect in that way.

So what do you think? Would you fix it or return it?

I can have it fixed in Houston when I get there in a week. There's a pretty
good repairman there.

--shannon