Re: a good lens dealer?

From: Rocky Boudreaux (rocky@pdq.net)
Date: 08/16/02-09:27:45 AM Z

Professional Camera Repair
Mike Hakim
713-621-3627
4410 Richmond
Houston, TX
He has done my work for years and is very good and reasonably priced.
He can test it for you and give you a written report of the performance.
Phone him and I am sure he could give you a cost for that over then
phone.

In my opinion it doesn't matter what the exposure time actually is for a
particular setting. The important thing is that it is consistent and
repeatable. Then if you know the actual time for the dial setting it is
a simple matter to compensate for it. The dial numbers are only
representative figures that are close. Manufacturing practices must
allow for tolerances otherwise none of us could afford anything if it
were all zero tolerance. Of course new manufacturing equipment allows
for closer tolerances, in general. Some of the old stuff is still top
quality.

I also reflect many of the before stated opinions but in the end the
choice to keep or return can only be made by one person, you and
whatever the decision it will be the correct one for you.

Rocky
Houston, TX