Re: a good lens dealer?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/16/02-01:58:46 PM Z

Shannon,

No need to keep adjusting film speed--just look at the meter and find the
f/stop for the *actual* speed instead of the marked one.

You can practice opening and closing the shutter with a cable release, at
the B setting, while releasing the shutter on your good lens with your other
hand, for comparison. You'll quickly get a feel for 1/2, 1/4, and full,
which is all you really need. On an old Ilex #5 shutter if you "work the
action" on the shutter as quickly/smoothly as possible, it gives a quite
reliable 1/4 second. A copal #3 would probably give 1/8th doing the same
thing. Just compare to a shutter that's working properly.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: