Re: Weston, and why not print silver gelatin?

From: Chunin Martinez (chunin@cimphoto.com)
Date: 08/18/02-10:36:25 AM Z

> Also, it seemed like he was using a lightbult as a light source. Is that
> right? So, could I just hang a light bulb in my garage and make some
> contact prints on silver gelatin paper, without an enlarger?
> --shannon

That is correct. In extreme case you can use your room's light at night and
turn it on and off when the exposure has been completed. I have hear that
Weston used to make contact prints at night with the windows open when it
was moonless night. Only the the stars but that was not enough to fog the
paper.

Chunin