Re: tough enough, thanks-finally

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/22/02-09:50:08 PM Z

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, epona wrote:

> My point is we're not that OT, it's not like we're discussing what's in
> my sock drawer or what scsi card I use in my Macintosh. I have often
> practiced executing the delete key whenever I see a topic I am not
> interested in. (which is very rare) I just hate silencing people.
>
> It's funny, before I even saw these posts asking us to shut up, I was
> going to write to the list thanking everyone for their thoughtful,
> interesting contributions, regardless of whether I have agreed with their
> points or not. One of the reasons that I love this list is that we do
> talk about more than just the best kallitype toner, enabling us to learn
> about each other on other levels and therefore creating a more dynamic
> and supportive peer group. I haven't had a good discussion like this
> since I was in, well, Art school.

And let me tell you another "funny thing," ... or three. I've probably
been on this list as long as anyone, except Gord & maybe Richard K, and I
have never yet seen folks halt a discussion still running its course,
where there was still more to evolve, just because someone appointed
themselves list police and declared it over.

Second, the folks decreeing the agenda thusly are never themselves heavy
lifters -- working long hours to answer questions, explain, elucidate and
inform their fellows on *any* topic. I think I once promised not to use
the word "lurker" again in a disparaging way .. but obviously that kind of
"promise" has a limited life. I'llhave to check the expiration date on
this one.

However & meanwhile, if someone, anyone, lurker or lifter can explain why
nobody seems EVER to say hey guys, enough details about the intimacies of
clearing baths, but only fusses when ideas are being feelingly, cogently,
and appealingly expressed?

Is that odd or what?

love indeed,

Judy