Re: Postmodernism and "The Oracle"

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 08/24/02-07:25:07 AM Z

Keith Gerling wrote:

> I should clarify: my interest in this is totally Off Topic. I have a friend
> who is doing graduate research in the area of what she calls "power
> summits", a sometimes mythical and always secret and sinister "meeting of
> the rule-makers", the goal of which is too conspire to "fix" or "arrange"
> things such as prices, skirt-lengths, fat-content - all those things that We
> the Helpless Saps are expected to think are factors governed by the
> marketplace.

I just heard the other day about a Color Commission that meets every
year and decides what the colors of the year will be. I'm not sure over
what areas the color commission is supposed to have jurisdiction -- home
decorating for sure and maybe fashion as well? I have no idea whether
there really is such a commission, but if your friend has information on
the veracity of this assertion I'd be interested.
kt