Re: Warning: photographer in training, please reduce speed ahead.

From: S Wang (stwang@direcTVinternet.com)
Date: 08/24/02-08:00:40 PM Z

What's great about using former students' work as example is that the
photographers were not somebody who had 30 years of experience and
living half a century ago in a different part of the world!

I do it all the time, or at least I did so when I was teaching photo
- have been teaching mainly Art w/ Computer these days. I kept a
couple of prints from each student and used them to get the next
groups of students started. Students could relate to them much more
than images by some historical figures. Also, they learn to judge a
work on its own merit - not like in art history classes, where only
works by well known names are included.

Sam